The Big D might be perceived as a huge city that is full of activities that come with an enormous amount in the price tag. But there are still free attractions in Dallas that you can take pleasure in and make your trip worthwhile. Mark the dates for your vacation and start planning ahead of time so that you can figure out how you can snag the best travel deals without having to break the bank.
“Cheap eats are all over the city but the famous Dallas hotdog with mustard and cheese is a favorite. It is not a healthy option for sure but it’s nice to have a unique “Dallas experience” for just a few dollars.”
Saving money while having a blast and conquering “The Big D” is doable with careful planning and by keeping in mind these useful tips:
- There are accommodations around the town, but it is advisable to opt for budget hotels that are strategically located halfway between the downtown and airport. They have the most reasonable rates and offer the best amenities such as complimentary breakfast and shuttle rides to a few attractions. Also, book your hotel room with Reservations.com and save on your [city] stay. They offer personalized travel planning and help you to find hotels to fit any budget.
- Renting a car depends on your itinerary. If you think you would just travel around downtown, you can depend on the public transportation as this can save you more dimes. A car would be necessary if you will stay in the city for a week with your family.
- Texan-Mexican cuisine prevails in the cheap eats in town. You can easily find authentic Texan barbecue for just a few dollars in most streets. Majority of the tourists do not miss the traditional hotdogs that are garnished with mustard and cheese. This is certainly not a healthy option, but you can save loads of money and have the “Dallas experience” with this cheap food.
- You do not have to pay for ridiculous admission fees as there are free attractions in the Big D. For one, aviation enthusiasts can enjoy spending some time in the Observation Station in the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. Have a glimpse of the air traffic from the control tower using binoculars.
- The downtown also displays above 30 sculptures on the sidewalks. If you are keen with such type of visual art, you can visit the sculpture garden in the Trammell Crow Center. It houses more than 20 statuettes that are made by French artists.
- The West End Historic District is the perfect place for people who want cheap yet good dining and unique shopping experience. Admission is free of charge and at times, there are even live bands that perform in the venue. You can find in here low-priced souvenirs that you can take home. Dallas is home to one of the largest malls in the country, the Galleria Mall and you can do some window shopping from there.
There are other cheap attractions in the city where you can have a blast without costing you an arm and a leg. These tips, together with a good planning, your Dallas vacation will surely be pleasurable.